Header 2

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Don't Miss Your Life

"I know every stream and every wood... I have hunted.... and lived like my fathers before me, and, like them, I lived happily". - Chief Ten Bears from the Ketahto tribe.

We are just about to embark on our 3 month journey through the back country of America, and as the eagerness grows to be in natures arms, so does the realization of everything that I will stepping away from. But rather than being melancholy, it has made the life and blessings I have much clearer. It's easy to miss all the great things we have every day because that's just it - they are there every day.


When you are about to step off into a life that is separated from all things you are accustomed, it puts how extraordinary your life already is into perspective. We are all surrounded by great people and things, and just because we are used to them, doesn't mean they've lost their significance. Imagining without, the things you have now, truly moves you into a place of gratitude. So don't miss the beautiful flowers outside your window because your too busy dreaming about the ocean a far.

Posted by Pete



No comments:

Post a Comment